In extensive knowledge and years of experience with the feed yard industry, the professionals at Kennedy and Coe offer you all the services you need to make your operation more efficient and profitable. As one of the region’s leading accounting firms, our Feed Yard Group can provide you with the right information then help you use it to make your operation more profitable.
Here's what we can do for your feed yard:
- Succession planning, estate planning, strategic planning as well as asset protection to facilitate a smooth transition from one generation to the next
- Computer and accounting training for programs such as Hi-Plains Systems, Turnkey and other feed yard accounting systems
- Training on effective communications to improve the speaking and listening skills of your management personnel within the context of real-life situations
- Break-even projection and margin calculations to help determine the profit margin you’ll need to reach the cents-per-head day you desire
- Assistance to help you simplify management and financial paperwork so you can focus on running your business
Compare and Contrast
Often, the best way to evaluate the success of a business is to compare it to similar operations. That’s why our Feed Yard Group gives you the opportunity to securely and anonymously submit your business records to our client database. You’ll receive information about other feed yards, which you can use to benchmark your own operation. The areas of comparison include:
- Gross sales and profit on feed and medicine, along with operating profit, on a cents-per-head day basis
- Salary expense and total expense on a cents per head day basis
- Major expense comparison of repairs, supplies, fuel costs, depreciation, property tax, insurance, worker’s compensation, utilities, legal and accounting services, advertising, office supplies, employee benefits and travel on a cents-per-head day basis
- Interest expense as a percent of total revenue
- Current ratios of debt to equity, return on investment, unleveraged return on investment and return on equity, and occupancy as a percentage
- Dollars invested in fixed assets on a head capacity basis
- Gross profit growth compared to expense growth
From the outside, it’s often difficult to effectively examine the performance of a business. The professionals in our Feed Yard Group work directly with you to provide a comprehensive financial analysis that can help your business prosper.
For more information, call 800–303–3241, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
News & Articles
Explore some of the helpful articles available on our Press page. Simply click one of the categories below to view content.