Becky works with commodity crops, cow-calf and feeder operations, and hog farms in Kansas and surrounding states. She provides long-term tax planning that leverages wealth preservation, business succession, and wealth-transfer strategies.
Offering a holistic approach, Becky advises on day-to-day decisions and long-term growth strategies. She serves as a sounding board for agribusiness families dealing with complex management decisions involving multiple generations, and both on-farm and off-farm owners. Some situations she’s helped people through are:
- Facilitating a succession plan for a family-owned farm, holding family meetings to set goals, bringing together vastly different management styles, and developing an estate plan that preserved $4.5 million of assets to pass on to heirs.
- Bringing a trusted resource to mediate contentious discussions within a 60,000-acre family business, resulting in members speaking respectfully to one another again, abiding by agreed upon roles and responsibilities, and keeping the business within the family.
- Educating a farming operation on long-term tax-law impacts, resulting in leveling out enormous tax swings that had them paying in the top tax bracket one year and owing zero taxes the next year.
- Smoothly transitioning ownership of a 5,000-acre operation from parents to adult siblings by facilitating ongoing meetings, communicating the succession plan, and delineating everyone’s roles and responsibilities.
Becky joined K·Coe Isom right out of school, rising through the ranks to become principal in 2014. Her background in agriculture and accounting dates back to when she helped her grandmother with their family farm’s books. She then worked for an accountant during college, gaining behind-the-scenes knowledge of running a business from the accounting side. Always accessible, Becky takes calls and meetings after-hours, solving challenges whenever they arise.
- B.A., accounting and finance, Fort Hays State University
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Pratt Chamber of Commerce: board member/treasurer
- Relay for Life: Accounting Co-Chair
- Sacred Heart Religious Formation Commission
- Football, wrestling and baseball sporting events
- Family vacations and outdoor activities
- Reading crime and romance novels
Mentions and articles by Becky