Agriculture businesses on the input and processing sides of the industry—ag retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, trucking, food processors, and related operations—trust Bill Peterson to help with growth and financial strength. Hands on in farming himself, he has perspective most other CPAs can’t bring to those he serves. He helps food and ag companies thrive so they can pass successfully from generation to generation avoiding unnecessary tax consequences and business succession pitfalls.
Protecting core values and maintaining a legacy is important to the families he works with. Through thoughtful tax, estate and business-succession planning, Bill protects family assets and protects businesses from outside influence, allowing owners to securely retire and the businesses they built to continue.
Some of Bill’s projects include:
- Leading businesses through succession plans, which encompass estate planning, transfer of business ownership, transition of or recruiting for leadership positions, and governance structuring.
- Structuring arrangements so family-run businesses continue to prosper from one generation to the next. Arrangements, such as deferred compensation and buy-sell agreements allow businesses to continue the way they were originally intended, and create security for business owners.
- Overseeing mergers, acquisitions, sales, and the formation of joint ventures. Bill helps businesses grow through strategic acquisitions, including selection of optimal business entity structures, and puts them on the path to success following significant transactions.
Before assuming his leadership position at K·Coe Isom, Bill worked nine years for McGladrey developing a strong financial reporting, audit, and tax skill set working with corporate and international organizations.
- B.S., accounting, San Diego State University
- Licensed CPA in California
- Family Business Association
- National Society for Accountants for Cooperatives
- Healthcare Financial Management Association
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Employee Benefit Audit Quality Center
- 3Core Loan Advisory, board member
- Providence Christian School Board, treasurer
- Spending time with family
- Local church ministry
- Hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities
Mentions and articles by Bill