Christy Norton is a powerhouse for food and beverage companies, ag-supply companies, manufacturers, processors, distributors, and cooperatives. Wise business leaders want and need to be prepared for multiple market scenarios. With Christy’s insights and strategies, leaders are able to act more quickly and effectively execute the thoughtful plans she helps them formulate.
Whether on the front end of food and beverage processing (soaking, cleaning, sorting, drying, storing, milling, mixing) or on the back end (packing, canning, brewing, distilling, bottling), these are specialized businesses requiring the specific knowledge Christy “brings to the table” (pun intended). Business owners are constantly on the hunt for fresh ideas that add value, and Christy supplies them with a constant stream of knowledge from her immersion in their industry. She understands how to run businesses effectively and profitably, while monitoring operations, employees, and customers.
Some of Christy’s recent projects include:
- Helping food and beverage companies determine total cost of ownership for expansion and ensuring new or expanded lines fit with their growth model.
- Securing research and development credits and employing other tax-savings strategies for food and beverage companies.
- Assisting agricultural cooperatives with capital and financing strategies to maximize member returns and maintain cooperative cash flow.
- Assisting local water districts with new California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) regulations which results in improved processes to maintain compliance with their standards.
Christy is passionate about her profession and it shows in her service approach. She values personal relationships and opportunities to enhance peoples’ lives.
- B.S., accounting, California State University, Chico
- Licensed CPA in California
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives (NSAC) National Office Director and Executive Committee member
- National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives (NSAC) Far Western Chapter Director, past president
- Tehama County Farm Bureau, member
- Butte Humane Society, President, shelter committee Chair, and finance committee member
- Camping and fishing
- Spending time with family
Mentions and articles by Christy