Working with forward-thinking closely-held manufacturing and biofuel businesses throughout the United States, Donna identifies opportunities to grow businesses and meet goals whether through strategic planning and advice, accounting and tax-consulting, or business acquisition.
She leads K·Coe Isom’s biofuels practice area, specializing in succession planning, multi-state taxation, inventory management, finance, and traditional tax, audit, and accounting services. Donna connects with manufacturing and biofuels business owners through her vast understanding of these unique industries, including impacts like commodity pricing and fluctuating economic challenges. Donna’s recent advice and strategies led to outcomes that include:
- Increasing net worth of a manufacturer with $600 million in revenue through appropriate domestic production activities deductions.
- Positioning a company for a local banking relationship, allowing for face-to-face communication and deeper banking connections..
- Saving a $35 million manufacturer $1.5 million over 15 years by encouraging the owner to gather data and apply for state investment incentives.
- Increasing a manufacturer’s net worth by $2.5 million in succession planning to heirs.
To Donna, results matter. Growing up on a dairy farm, she learned that getting the job done—no matter day or night—was paramount. This inspires her to bring creative ideas to the table, recommending progressive solutions to difficult problems in the constantly changing industries she serves.
- M.Acc., University of Kansas
- B.S., accounting, University of Kansas
- “Managing your profitability like you manage your plant” – Process Optimization Seminar (2014)
- “Creating a sustainability plan to maximize profits and create differentiation” – American Coalition for Ethanol (2014)
- “Increasing shareholder confidence by increasing overall plant value and providing adequate liquidity opportunities” – Fuel Ethanol Workshop (2014)
- “Evaluating total plant performance” – Fuel Ethanol Workshop (2013)
- “Understanding the due diligence and strategic positioning required for successful mergers and acquisitions” – Fuel Ethanol Workshop (2012)
- “How to attract and retain your management team” – Fuel Ethanol Workshop (2012)
- “Making a difference: practical tips to becoming a high performing board” – Fuel Ethanol Workshop (2012)
- “Recruiting, retention, succession planning for ethanol boards” – Fuel Ethanol Workshop (2011)
- “Trends, opportunities and outlook for biofuels” – Renewable Energy Finance & Investment Summit, panelist (2008)
- “Financial assistance for renewable fuel retailers” – Iowa Renewable Fuels Association (2008)
- Ethanol Producer Magazine, columnist (quarterly)
- Editorial board member, Ethanol Today (American Coalition for Ethanol)
- Growth Energy
- American Coalition for Ethanol
- Kansas City Manufacturing Network
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Kansas City Chapter – KSCPA
- Being outdoors
- Following KU athletics
Mentions and articles by Donna