With a down-to-earth approach, Jeanne simplifies and solves financial quandaries. Agricultural growers, processors, and manufacturers look to Jeanne for tax planning and succession strategies that ultimately preserve their hard-earned wealth.
Jeanne frequently works with attorneys and financial consultants to construct plans for transition through well-planned estates, trusts, gifting programs, and other succession planning tools. Brainstorming with business owners and key employees, Jeanne unearths opportunities to retain earnings by way of tax-saving tools and credits.
- Collaborating with a client’s attorney, who suggested a tax approach that would have resulted in thousands of dollars in annual property reassessments. Jeanne provided a solution by placing the property in a trust, which protected the properties from unwarranted and additional expenses.
- Forming a testamentary trust for a farmer who wanted to gift assets to children—some who chose to farm and others who chose different paths. This trust allowed the parent to distribute assets fairly, regardless of their profession.
- Structuring a trust so a farmer could still receive income from farm operations run by his heirs, and retire blissfully.
Jeanne is a leader in K·Coe Isom’s tax department. She liaises between clients and government officials, providing solutions and outlining professional standards both parties trust. Jeanne makes a complicated world simpler by improving the business and personal lives of the people she works with.
- B.S., accounting with minor in ag business finance, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- Licensed CPA in California
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Durham Elementary School Advisory Council Member
Mentions and articles by Jeanne