Joy brings a win-win mentality to audits and reviews, serving multiple industries, including school districts, community college districts, and non-profit organizations. She has over 10 years of experience guiding organizations through the Single Audit Act, OMB Circular A-133 audits, and internal control evaluations.
Joy finds meaning in her profession by assessing processes and educating an organization’s staff on ways to prevent future oversights. Examples include:
- Recommending internal controls to monitor a charter school’s transactions. By implementing Joy’s recommendations, the school’s management discovered three unapproved, fraudulent transactions posted to their bank account. The bank reversed the charges and the school felt more secure moving forward.
- Building a strong relationship with a school’s Chief Business Officer (CBO) through her approach—explaining every part of the audit, finding areas for improvement each year, and delivering suggestions without criticism.
- Matching statements by collaborating with a charter school’s outsourced management company, enabling accurate financials going forward.
- Formalizing accounting and record keeping procedures for a county’s human resources department by evaluating their operation and delivering a 275-page report with numerous recommendations to improve processes and realize efficiencies.
Joy brainstorms many options for each situation, so the people she works with can find the best solutions to fulfill their unique needs. She fosters longstanding relationships and takes organizations to the next level.
- B.S. with honors, accounting, California State University, Chico
- Licensed CPA in California
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
Mentions and articles by Joy