Karli applies her understanding of governmental and healthcare accounting nuances as she oversees the audits of large hospitals and federally qualified health centers. Owners of closely held businesses rely on her insights to maximize their operations’ efficiency, improve their internal controls, and increase their profitability. She actively participates in farming and economic development organizations to stay ahead of issues these organizations face.
With years of experience addressing challenges, Karli applies what she’s seen work—and not work—to recommend valuable improvements. For example:
- Recommending that support staff at a health center cross-train on critical CFO tasks, so that core, critical job functions would be covered seamlessly in the event of an emergency.
- Improving collection rates and efficiency for a physicians group through benchmarking data that compared individual physician collections and enhancing internal controls for the entire billing process.
- Retaining shareholder equity for a well and pump manufacturer by proactively employing a revenue-recognition method.
Growing up in a small mountain town, Karli admires business owners who work hard and reap the benefits of their efforts. She also appreciates the way they give back to the community and she seeks to do the same.
- B.S., accounting, California State University, Chico
- Licensed CPA in California
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Chico Chamber of Commerce
- City of Orland Economic Development Commission
- Young Farmers and Ranchers
- 3Core Economic Development Organization
Mentions and articles by Karli