Kent recognizes financial improvement opportunities for US-based transportation companies, along with other closely held companies. He delves deep with business owners to answer future-focused questions that explore where change can begin today. How can we create more cash flow to invest in the business? How can our transportation company positively affect cash flow with operational analysis, tax deferral, and debt restructuring?
Kent also helps clients free up capital to grow their businesses by maximizing tax savings — through means including entity structure solutions, succession plans, and alternative compensation options.
Kent’s big-picture planning results in important wins for his clients, such as:
- Changing a transportation company’s entity structure so that they could grow, maximize cash flow to owners, preserve wealth, and transfer ownership to future generations.
- Helping a transportation company grow by increasing cash flow, putting beneficial tax strategies in place, and facilitating expansion.
- Securing a food distribution company’s future by playing an instrumental role in developing its new trucking division.
Kent pursued a career in accounting because he is insatiably curious to discover what makes a company survive and thrive, given that each company and financial situation is different. Working best with those who want to proactively strategize, Kent brainstorms ideas that carry businesses healthily into the next year and the next generation.
- M.A.C.C., accounting, Kansas State University.
- B.A., accounting, Kansas State University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), licensed in Kansas
- “20 up to 40” Leadership Program for Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- International Milk Haulers Association
- National Tank Truck Carriers
- Wisconsin Milk Haulers Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants, board member
- K·Coe Isom Wealth Management, board member
- United Way, Capital Campaign Committee member
- Aldersgate United Methodist Church
- Kansas State University Accounting Advisory Board
- Habitat for Humanity
- Kansas Food Bank
- Graduate of Leadership Wichita (2016)
K-State Athletics, Kansas City Chiefs and Royals games, playing golf, and traveling
Mentions and articles by Kent