Kevin provides tax preparation and financial reporting for agricultural and manufacturing businesses, including chemical suppliers, hullers and shellers, handlers, and storage facilities.
Kevin supervises preparation and reviews cooperative tax returns. He leverages his experience in corporate and flow-through taxation, and in-depth financial analysis to further the organizations he serves. For example:
- Devising the most advantageous tax strategy for the sale of a large, consolidated cooperative to a publicly traded company by appropriately deferring gains and employing members’ lower tax brackets.
- Acting as the senior auditor during a large prune handler’s conversion to walnut processing. Consulting on the set up of a walnut inventory costing system and significant facility improvements for a smooth transition.
Participating in local agricultural community activities, he helps cultivate the firm’s agriculture practice development team. Kevin views public accounting as a chance to help people and businesses plan for their future and increase the prospects of long-term financial success.
- B.S., accounting and finance, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo
- Licensed CPA in California
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Society of Accountants for Cooperatives
- Butte County Farm Bureau Young Farmers & Ranchers: leadership committee member
- Chico Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Organization
- Chico Unified School District: reading pal
- Camping and hiking
- Spending time with his family
Mentions and articles by Kevin