Marc proactively counsels business owners on financial and tax matters in order to position them well for growth and business succession. He works primarily with equipment dealerships throughout the United States, and has for over 20 years.
Working with dealers’ teams through decades of dramatic change, he enjoys helping as they grow in size, complexity, and value. He delivers operational and strategic planning that encompasses tax, estate, and succession considerations, as well as counseling through and merger and acquisition opportunities and transactions. Some recent results include:
- Sparing $8.5 million in liquidation costs while facilitating a merger between two equipment dealerships using sophisticated entity structuring.
- Identifying strategies for an equipment dealer to sell excess inventory on the lot, reducing debt and creating a stronger financial position.
- Negotiating with equipment manufacturer on behalf of an implement dealer to obtain a higher tier volume discounts, leading to 15-20% increase in performance payout.
- Analyzing equipment dealer inventory and past sales in combination with modeling and projecting to identify ways to maintain return on investment and cash flow during an industry downturn.
Approaching his work from an entrepreneurial standpoint, Marc sees the big picture and facilitates businesses growth for equipment dealerships nationwide. He’s often told he is a trusted team member attending board meetings and providing forward-thinking advice to successfully address equipment dealership challenges, reporting needs, and goals.
- B.S., business administration and accounting, University of Kansas
- Licensed CPA in Kansas and Missouri
- JDUGG – strategic succession and estate planning
- Guest Lecturer at the University of Kansas in accounting and career planning classes
- Presenter at Annual Kansas Tax Update for the Kansas Society of CPAs
- Agricultural Business Council of Kansas City
- Equipment Dealership Associations: National (NAEDA)
- Iowa-Nebraska Equipment Dealership Association (IA-NE EDA)
- Southern Equipment Dealership Association (SEDA)
- Far West Equipment Dealership Association (FWEDA)
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Lenexa Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Kids International Ministries
- Midland Care Connection and Hospice
- Topeka Chamber of Commerce
- High School basketball scorekeeping and football “chain-gang”, golfing, visiting as many baseball stadiums throughout the U.S. as possible
- Smoking ribs, brisket, and vegetables on the barbeque
Mentions and articles by Marc