Nick leverages his focused experience in the areas of financial reporting standards, funding requirements, and internal controls to deliver quality assurance products to for-profit entities, employee benefit plans, educational organizations, and healthcare institutions.
Nick appreciates a challenge. He eagerly reviews and solves any issues an organization faces in the areas of worry-free reporting. His recent accomplishments include:
- Reviewing an entity’s internal controls after a period of high turnover. The review uncovered significant income loss and the entity was able to implement controls to minimize the risk of future losses.
- Analyzing and identifying missing funding requirements for a school district . Nick’s investigation pinpointed requirements, which were eventually reinstituted, bringing the school back to standards and enabling it to receive state funding.
- Creating a single attendance tracking process for a school district that was using scattered methods. Nick’s methodology was adopted by the school district to measure attendance throughout the entire system.
Passionate about finance, Nick chose accounting because he excelled in solving financial puzzles, such as the ones organizations face as they pursue governmental funding. Nick’s approach yields useful results which further organizations through improved internal controls, financial reporting, and operational efficiencies.
- B.S. with honors, accounting, California State University, Chico
- Licensed CPA in California
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center: Member
- Chico Little League Softball: Board Member
Mentions and articles by Nick