Paul works with farm-related businesses in the Mississippi Delta providing tax and advisory services that positively impact producers’ profitability.
A third-generation farmer, Paul has personally gone through most of the situations that today’s producers face. He offers two-pronged experience, both farm and financial, guiding producers on tax, marketing, and investment options. Managing the business side of farming, he streamlines financial processes empowering business owners to make more informed decisions.
Some recent challenges he’s helped resolve include:
- Advising an agribusiness on the best time to sell crops based on pricing and when it would be most profitable.
- Walking a producer through a decision to invest in new equipment by asking questions that helped him think through his options and each option’s potential impact to productivity.
- Identifying the need for estate and succession planning for a farmer and connecting him with K·Coe Isom next-generation consultants to help him transition the business to his adult children.
Paul continues to oversee the operations and marketing for his family farm near Clarksdale, Mississippi. He identifies with producers who focus on growing profits, yet are careful with their money. Paul’s deep involvement with farmers is centered around supporting their operations over the long haul.
- B.B.A. in accounting, Delta State University
- Licensed CPA in Mississippi
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Delta Chapter of Certified Public Accountants
- Mississippi Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Clarksdale Chamber of Commerce, board member
- Knights of Columbus
- St. Elizabeth Catholic Church, financial council member
- Duck hunting with son and two dogs
- Spending time with family