Sam’s goal as a business developer for the food and agriculture practice is to develop trusted relationships throughout the industry. He puts his reputation on the line each time he promises a business owner results, and he’s confident in the firm’s resources to exceed expectations. Working in farming and livestock his entire life gives Sam an agribusiness perspective valuable to those he works with. He stays informed and up-to-date on the continually changing industry, checking market prices daily. His love for the business, combined with his authentic personality, lets him easily relate with people and identify the firm services they would most benefit from. For instance:
- Discovering an opportunity for a cattle operation to preserve $10 million in wealth by connecting them with the firm’s estate and tax plan expertise.
- Recommitting a rancher to estate plan and tax services, enhancing the rancher’s profitability by $1 million.
- Increasing the assets passed to heirs by $2 million for a row crop farmer in the Corn Belt. Cultivating a long-term relationship in which the farmer trusted the advice provided and was confident to follow through.
- B.S. in business, Kansas State University
- Kansas Livestock Association
- National Cattlemen’s Beef Association
- Texas Cattle Feeders Association
- Hardtner Kansas Chamber of Kansas: board member