Sandy guides community banks in Kansas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and Missouri through compliance and regulatory mazes, and helps them become more profitable. She advises banks in growth and expansion, as well as in positioning for sale or potential acquisition.
Committed to providing top-notch customer service, Sandy strives to build deep relationships that result in mutual trust. Her depth of knowledge spans from the financial side (bank taxation, audit, and financial reporting of all types) to the operational side of bank business. She manages and counsels on regulatory applications and regulatory compliance challenges, lending risk-reduction efforts, technology concerns, internal controls, internal audit practices, and merger and acquisition transactions.
Some of her recent work includes:
- Converting a bank from a C-Corp to an S-Corp, increasing the bank’s and its owners’ cash position by over $1 million in just the first year.
- Converting a bank to cash basis of accounting that for tax purposes that resulted in a $1.2 million increase in working capital.
- Structuring the sale of a bank to preserve $550,000 in expense.
Sandy enjoys working with community banks because of bankers’ intelligence, business savvy, and curiosity in the form of their asking really tough questions. Sandy helps banks across the Midwest achieve success – her deep knowledge, passion for service, and thinking outside the box increases banks’ success.
- Graduate School of Banking, Boulder, CO
- B.S., Accounting, Fort Hays State University
- Licensed CPA in Kansas and Oklahoma
- AICPA Women to Watch Award
- Featured writer in the Kansas Banker
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Kansas Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Kansas Bankers Association
- Oklahoma Bankers Association
- Oklahoma Society of Certified Public Accountants
- United Way Young Leaders Association
- Junior Achievement of Wichita
- Martin Elementary PTO, treasurer and Teacher’s Wish List Committee, member
- St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church Children’s Catechist
- Chasing around her 2 sons
- Watching the Dallas Cowboys
- Reading and watching movies, but only if they don’t make her think too hard
- Trying out new bars and cocktails with her husband, Greg
Mentions and articles by Sandy