Steve enjoys deciphering financial and operational information for contractors so the owners can attain success, as they define it.
Whether providing financial reporting, succession planning, or income and estate tax strategies, his approach is thoughtful and complete. Steve thinks beyond just the economics of the transaction and considers the overall well-being of those he serves to pinpoint the best course of action. For example:
- Helping a third-generation business owner resolve problems stemming from complicated family dynamics and long-neglected estate planning by using a life insurance trust so that his sons would be spared the same problems he faced when his parents passed.
- Facilitating the sale of a highway construction company for close to 20% over the initial offer through solid financial and accounting reports that substantiated the company’s value.
- Developing creative paths for the owners of a small mom-and-pop business that operated near breakeven to contribute approximately $1.25 million they received from a passive investment into a retirement account.
A California native, Steve cares deeply about the local families and business owners he works with. He creates a safe space for sharing concerns and exploring solutions and recognizes that his clients are trusting him with their most important assets.
- B.S., business administration, accountancy, California State University, Sacramento
- Licensed CPA in California
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Spending time with family/family vacations
- Fantasy football
- Dodgers fan
Mentions and articles by Steve