Tommy integrates innovative processes with tax and accounting know-how, delivering measurable results for agriculture and manufacturing businesses, primarily permanent and specialty crop operations. He focuses on a business’ future financial performance so the owner has more time to devote to activities they do best or enjoy most.
Tommy believes it’s imperative to learn what drives each business he works with—no two businesses are alike. He visits facilities and gets to know key people to gain a full picture of the company, and bring advantageous operating structure and tax strategies, employing tools such as IC-DISC and R&D credits. His recent accomplishments include:
- Applying the benefits of an IC-DISC and paying dividends to the owners, which are taxed at the lower capital gains rates, giving the agricultural operation over $2 million more in operating capital.
- Mediating a full-disclosure dispute to a successful settlement with an S-Corp that sold a large number of assets and needed support for the sale.
- Determining that a retailer was a candidate for over $80,000 in R&D credits, and developing the detailed study to qualify the business.
With experience as a university instructor, he analyzes financial results in detail and explains them with utmost clarity. Tommy plays an integral role in establishing healthy business operations while bringing a lighthearted, fresh attitude to any situation.
- B.A., accounting, California State University, Chico
- Licensed CPA in California
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Sunshine Rotary board member
- Chico Sunrise Rotary member
- Community Alliance with Family Farmers (CAFF), board member
- Basketball, golf, softball
- Watching the San Francisco Giants
Mentions and articles by Tommy